Near Field Commerce – Another Rising Trend for e-Commerce After O2O
3. Near Field Commerce encourages online e-commerce platform to better connect merchants with customers as well as complete the business activities within the vicinity.
4. The online platform can remain as a separated platform to connect into any smart community system or can be any modules developed within a smart community system.
5. If the online e-commerce is a separate platform, Near Field Commerce stresses on the interoperability and the interactivity between the functionalities of the e-commerce platform and the smart community platform. For example if a delivery is involved, the integration of a visitor management system from the smart community platform is necessary.
6. For township that contains a shopping mall surrounded by residential areas, the offline commerce should be embedded with online Near Field Commerce platform for the objective to enhance the customers’ engagement and improve business activities.
7. Near Field Commerce reduces the hassles in the handling of returned merchandise.
8. Near Field Commerce strengthens the trust and relationship between buyers and sellers.
9. Since buyers and sellers can meet up easily, the payment methods can be of any kind; online payment is not a compulsory for Near Field Commerce platform.
10. Distance info is at the very core when designing a Near Field Commerce system.
2. Online-to-Offline Commerce 2017?, Investopedia website, viewed on 20 July 2018, <https://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/onlinetooffline-commerce.asp>.
3. Aaron Cheris, Casey Taylor, Jennifer Hayes and Jenny Davis-Peccoud 2017, Retailers' Challenge: How to Cut Carbon Emissions as E-Commerce Soars, Bain & Company, viewed on 22 July 2018, <http://www.bain.com/publications/articles/how-to-cut-carbon-emissions-as-ecommerce-soars.aspx>.
4. China faces 160,000 tonnes of packaging waste after Singles' Day buying binge 2017, The Strait Times, viewed on 25 July 2018, <https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/china-faces-160000-tonnes-of-packaging-waste-after-singles-day-buying-binge>.
5. E-Commerce Logistics Market to Garner $535,895 Million, Globally, by 2022 2017?, Allied Market Research, viewed on 30 July 2018 <https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/press-release/e-commerce-logistics-market.html>.
6. How e-commerce companies are changing the logistics business 2016, EDB Singapore, viewed on 28 July 2018, <https://www.edb.gov.sg/en/news-and-resources/insights/innovation/how-e-commerce-companies-are-changing-the-logistics-business.html>.